Frequently Asked Questions

No tax assessment is required for the policies issued under the incentive certificates granted for foreign currency earning activities and for import and export insurances with inward processing authorization certificates. However transactions with investment incentives are definitely subject to tax.

If insurance has to be taken out for goods which will be shipped before transportation means and shipment dates become definite and especially if banks need insurance coverage when opening letter of credits a floating policy is issued based on the available information. This is called a floating policy. When the shipment is made, final insurance policy (supplementary) is issued based on the final/definite information.

It is a contract by which the insured commits to have all of its shipment insured by the insurance company. This contract describes the subject matter, insurance conditions, price and responsibilities of the insured and insurer. During the term of the contract;

- Minimum 5 shipments should be insured,

- a minimum amount of premium is promised to be paid.

If the above do not happen despite the signed open cargo policy, no action is taken. However this is noted for further contract renewals. As a result, a discount is applied based on the number of shipments made. The insured is responsible for notifying all of its shipments and insuring them; a shipment which is not notified with the open cargo policy is not covered by the insurance.

When bulk goods are insured with limited clause (lorry clause and railway clause) damage and loss during loading, transport and unloading of bulk goods is not covered by the insurance.

Damage and loss during loading, transport and unloading of bulk goods are covered by all risks insurance. However, loading and unloading risks of bulk liquid goods are higher and more common than other goods. Therefore, when such goods are covered by all risks insurance, in order to exclude the deficiency when one of the perils under the insurance coverage does not happen during loading and unloading, Bulk Oil coverage is provided. Or when institute cargo clause (A) (all risks) is given, an exception is applied depending on the properties of the goods.

In general insurance coverage transfers and complementary transports (transports at the beginning and end) additional premium is required and it is separately shown in the policy.

Unless otherwise agreed, the insurer determined the premium with the assumption that the goods are transported under deck, i.e. in ship hold. Therefore, if goods are transported on deck, the goods are covered by (C) clause even if it is an all risks insurance.

However provided that the insured informs in advance, by paying additional premium all risks coverage can be provided to the goods carried on deck.

Marine insurance with limited coverage (C) and all risks (A) coverage starts when the goods leave the warehouse specified in the policy and ends when the goods are delivered at the destination warehouse. However international sales terms also play a role in the coverage start date.

For example if the seller sells its goods with FOB prices, the seller is responsible until the goods are loaded on the ship. Therefore the insurance coverage starts on board of the ship. However, this delivery has to be done in 60 days after the goods are unloaded on the ship. In import and export, only fire risk is covered by (C) clause during this period in the customs area after the goods are unloaded from the ship; with all risks clause time spent in the warehouse is covered against all risks covered with all risks clause. However this period can be extended by the insured by paying additional premium and informing the Insurer in advance.

No. For such shipments only lorry or railway clause can be offered; a broader coverage cannot be offered. However for heavy and bulky goods carried on flatbed trucks (for example construction machinery, transformers, power plant equipment etc.), all risk coverage can be provided.

Continues. No extra premium is required for this coverage. For transfer of vehicles carrying the goods on sea or on waterways, The insurance is valid in accordance with the limited Coverage (Institute Cargo Clause C) clause or (F.P.A) coverage.

With Lorry Clause, insurance coverage starts when the goods are loaded on trucks or trailers to be transported and ends when the transporting vehicle reaches at the destination shown in the policy. Perils that goods are exposed to during loading and unloading can only be covered by paying an extra premium (it must be stated in the policy special conditions whether loading and unloading coverage is included in the insurance).

For railway clause; insurance coverage period starts when goods are delivered to the railway authorities to be transported or if the goods are not going to be transported immediately, to be stored according to the good commercial practices. It ends when goods are delivered to the buyer at the destination or if there is anything preventing delivery, when goods are sold or stored as required.

If the insurance does not end in one these three ways, then the insurance cover ends the latest on the 60th day after arrival at the destination. Here loading and unloading coverage can only be bought by paying extra premium.

Lorry Clause; provides coverage against loss or damage to insured goods whilst in transit by road caused by collision of truck or trailer with any fixed or moving object, overturning, burning and some natural disasters (lightning, flooding, over flown river, avalanche, landslide, breakdown of bridges and road collapse).

Railway Clause provides coverage against loss or damage to the insured goods whilst in transit by railway caused by fire, lightning, flooding, overflowing rivers, avalanche, landslide, block landslide, road collapse, collapse of tunnels or bridges or other structure of the railway, derailment, collision with other trains, falling over, detachment or similar dangers for rolling stocks.

Cargo Insurance provides protection against any damage or loss to freight during shipping whether by land, sea air or railway.

You can go to one of our agencies close to you or you can find contact details of our agencies on our website or by calling 0850 811 51 00.

You can go to one of our agencies close to you and take out an insurance policy. You can find contact details of our agencies on our website or by calling 0850 811 51 00.

Assistance coverage is included as an option in policies upon the customer's request and by paying the corresponding extra premium. If "Assistance" is written in the Coverage and Premium section of your policy, it means you have assistance coverage.

In case your home, workplace or vehicle has a damage, you can call (0850) 811 51 00 and dial 3 to reach to Doğa Insurance Customer Services to request help, to make a notification and have detailed information about further processes.

No Motor vehicle insurance is not transferred. The policy is canceled and the premium for unused days is reimbursed to the Insured. The new owner of the vehicle can take out a new insurance.

No Motor Own Damage covers damages to the Insured's own vehicle. However for the part of the damage to third party vehicles/people which exceeds the coverage of motor third party liability insurance, payment can be made to third parties within the limits of voluntary liability coverage of Motor Own Damage policy.

No Damages to the Insured's car are not covered by the third party liability insurance. Third party liability insurance can cover injuries and damages to third parties due to the use of the Insured's vehicle.