It provides indemnity as per the scope of your policy coverage of damages arising from earthquake, and earthquake-induced fire, explosion, tsunami, and landslide.
Scope of Coverage:
Either damaged partially or fully, your building will be covered by earthquake insurance policy. Parts of buildings covered are as follows:
- Main walls,
- Garden wall,
- Retaining wall,
- Shared walls separating single spaces,
- Ceilings and floors,
- Bearings of building which are categorized same as above listed.
Cases not covered:
Mandatory Earthquake Insurance covers your building for potential damages induced directly or indirectly by earthquake. Cases not covered are as follows:
- Rental deprivation,
- Wreck removal,
- Business Interruption,
- Loss of Profit,
- All kinds of movables,
- Damages on building, which are not originating from earthquake,
- All bodily damages and death,
- Damages other than the ones originating from earthquake, and earthquake-induced fire, explosion, tsunami, and landslide,
- Claims of non-pecuniary damages,
We recommend you to sign up for home insurance for covering of such cases.
Limit of Coverage
Maximum price of mandatory earthquake insurance was set as ₺ 190,000 by DASK pursuant to regulation come into effect on January 10, 2018; and the price is estimated with reference to cost of re-construction after collapse of the building, size of residency, and type of building, and not considering land value.